Terms and Conditions
You agree to these Terms and Conditions, which prevail over any Terms, Conditions, Waivers or Consent agreed with or given to the Point-of-Care Provider ("Provider"). The Testing Service given by the Provider includes sample collection and processing to give a positive or negative screening result. The types of test, dependent on the selected Provider and testing location are:
- Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR)
- Reverse Transcription Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (RT-LAMP)
Countries only accept certain types of test, with RT-PCR tests being the most common standard. Some countries require more than one type of test to be conducted (e.g. RT-PCR and Antibody).
Sample collection methods are test-dependent and include:
- Nasopharyngeal swabs (back of the nose)
- Oropharyngeal swabs (back of the throat)
- Blood sample (only for Antibody tests)
Some countries might only accept certain types of samples, with nasopharyngeal being the standard for RT-PCR tests.
Processing times vary according to spikes in demand so it makes sense to take the test as soon as possible within the acceptable time window for your destination.
Delays in delivering test results are not sometimes not within the control of the lab. Ink will endeavour to facilitate communication between you and the lab in case there are unexpected delays in providing the result of your test.
Quoted timescales for results cannot be guaranteed. Neither Ink, the Carrier nor the Lab accept any liability or incurred costs for unusable samples or delayed, inconclusive or lost test results.
Test Results and Accuracy
Tests are carried out to detect the presence of SARS-CoV-2 (also commonly known as Covid-19 or Coronavirus) infection or, in the case of Antibody Tests, SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. No test is 100% correct 100% of the time. Tests can sometimes deliver false results:
- false negative (i.e. indicating negative when you are actually positive); or
- false positive (i.e. indicating positive when you are actually negative)
- negative in the early stages of infection before the viral load has built up to a detectable level
- the detection of unviable virus fragments very many days after initial infection
Neither Ink, the Carrier nor the Provider accepts any liability or costs incurred for false-negative or false-positive test results. Unless specifically stated by the provider, the results are informational based on normal ranges for the general population and are not a clinical diagnosis. Some types of tests are screening tests and cannot be used for clinical diagnosis.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Select the appropriate and acceptable tests or combination of tests for your immediate and onward travel destinations. More information can be obtained from the transportation carriers (e.g airlines) and the appropriate government websites of your destination country.
- Ensure that you take a test no earlier than is accepted by your immediate and onward travel destinations. Time limits are usually specified in hours rather than days so calculate your test time with care
- Leave enough time between taking your test and your departure date time to allow for the processing of results.
- Ensure your own sobriety and cooperation with the Provider. Anti-social or threatening behaviour, intoxication and being under the influence of narcotics are valid grounds for cancelling your test.
- Follow pre-testing instructions given by the Provider.
DO NOT GO TO A PROVIDER IF YOU OR ANY ONE OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD/TRAVEL GROUP OR RECENT CONTACTS HAVE HAD A POSITIVE TEST FOR SARS-COV-2 WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE APPOINTMENT OR SARS-COV-2 SYMPTOMS; OR ACCORDING TO LOCAL LAWS SHOULD BE OBSERVING QUARANTINE. Symptoms include fever, shortness of breath, headaches, fatigue, a new persistent cough, runny nose, sore throat, loss of your sense of taste or smell.
If you have had contact with a positive SARS-CoV-2 case, please follow government health advice in your current country
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Ink, the Carrier and the Provider expressly exclude liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage including but not limited to:
- Inability to administer test because of your failure to adhere to pre-test requirements.
- Your failure to follow the medical advice given by the Provider.
- Test not being provided in the stated time.
- Your late arrival for the test for any reason or failure to attend the scheduled test.
- Technical issues that arise and prevent the processing of the result.
- Factors beyond the direct control of Ink, the Carrier or the Provider.
- Movement controls such as curfews or lockdowns.
The maximum liability is limited to the value paid to Ink for the Service, which is the cost paid to book your test.
- Severability: The inability to observe any clause of this contract will have no effect on the validity and applicability of the rest of these terms.
- Neither Ink nor the Carrier is an intermediary in the Provider/Patient relationship.
- These terms may be modified in the future without notice, as required.
- You agree to permit Ink to use the data that you have supplied to provide the service.
Ink is responsible for the Information Security of the data under its control. The Provider is only responsible for the information submitted to it, which may include Protected Health Data. The Carrier is responsible for the data submitted to it, which may contain your name and, only if you provide separate consent, your test result.
- Ink uses Stripe to process payments and has no visibility of credit card data, which remains within Stripe and is not exposed to Ink.
- Thes terms are governed by the laws of Spain, which shall be the exclusive jurisdiction for any legal matter.